Tuesday, October 12, 2010

SHREYA CHHABRA@ADITI AGGARWAL, SHEFALI ARORA,PRERNA KHURANA-INTERJECTION # 8

I read all three points of view and the commonality in all three was the fact that India has a rich cultural heritage, how it shows unity in diversity and how India has showcased the same in the opening ceremony of CWG 2010.
Both these aspects can be countered by the arguments:

1.       Yes, even I take pride in the fact that India has had such a glorious past, but the need of the hour as I have already highlighted in my debate is THE PRESENT and nothing but the present.
2.       People like Mahatma Gandhi and all the other freedom fighters that my fellow contestants have pointed out and shall forever remain the greatest assets India could ever have. But the fact of the matter, they might have got you independence, but are we really free in the way these people wanted us to be?
3.       CWG 2010: a platform to showcase India to the rest of the world and it has indeed done so. But I feel this platform shouldn’t have been these games for the simple reason that it shows how we bowed before the British once and how we are doing it again and again.
4.       77000 crore, an amount that could change the lives of millions of Indians is being spent on the games. Don’t you think that it is a sheer waste of our money?

I would finally like to ask my fellow participants if they cannot but agree on the above mentioned points…

1 comment:

  1. ADITI AGGARWAL@SHREYA CHHABRA

    You argued that it was all past that give us a reason to be proud of India but what about the recent achievements like as-

    1. SACHIN TENDULKAR has completed his 14000 runs;the only batsman who reaches to such a height.
    2. Recently during CWG, all the three medals (gold, silver, and bronze) were won by India in discus throw.
    3. India got gold medal in 4*400m relay race after 52 years.

    Now just tell me what you think about the above points as stated by me.
    These are just few points I had mentioned, there are many more.
    Hopefully you now feel proud to be an Indian.....,

    ReplyDelete